* UPDATE: The next TEDx event will be held at Barnard in the FALL of 2013, join the Athena mailing list to be the first to know more!
TEDxWomen is a TEDx event organized by the Paley Center for Media that focuses on women and women’s issues. TEDxWomen type events are TEDx events hosted around the live webcast of TEDxWomen, and also feature local speakers. TEDxBarnardCollegeWomen was one of many TEDx events that happened around the globe between November 30th and December 1st that expanded on the ideas brought up at TEDxWomen.
The Athena Center for Leadership Studies was proud to host a diverse and talented line up of speakers who shared their stories, exemplifying what we believe to be the Core 10 tenets for re-imagining leadership:
- Inspiration: Motivate, and nurture talented people and build collaborative teams
- Advocacy: Speak up for yourself and on behalf of others
- Communication: Listen actively; speak persuasively and with authority
- Vision: Develop strategies, make decisions and act with purpose
- Leverage: Optimize your networks, technology, and financing to meet strategic goals; engage mentors and sponsors
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Be innovative, imaginative, persistent, and open to change
- Ambition: Own your power, expertise and value
- Courage: Experiment and take bold, strategic risks
- Negotiation: Bridge differences and find solutions that work effectively for all parties
- Resilience: Bounce back and learn from adversity and failure
Established at Barnard College, a pioneering force in undergraduate women’s education, the Athena Center for Leadership Studies is dedicated to the advancement of women’s leadership around the world. We create and promote innovative approaches to leadership development; we educate and develop new generations of women leaders; we challenge—and change—cultural stereotypes of leaders; and we foster research and public dialogue that expands our understanding of leadership.